Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Zach's blog

For those of you interested, I contacted Zach and asked if there might be a copy of that blog floating around somewhere. To my surprise, he did have a copy of it!
Here's part of that blog from last year's Israel trip:

"My first service opportunity has placed me working the morning shift at a refugee daycare. So, at 7 AM, I arrive at a small apartment full of children where I hold toddlers, become a human jungle gym, wipe snotty noses, and get pooped on...yup, true story. Funny thing is... I love it. 
Sure, the experiences up to this point have been far from what we were all expecting, which has led to some frustrations, but in my frustration with God, I've realized something major about my relationship with Him. 
I love that God created marriage as a symbol of His love for His people, and this week, I've seen just how marriage-like this covenant I have with the Lord has become. We are past the dating phase and the honeymoon stage. 
I get frustrated with Him, as I'm sure He gets frustrated with me. Trials come and test me, but at the end of the day, this is the God I go home with, and this is the God I wake up to in the morning. And when I consider this truth, and I think about His unfailing love, faithfulness, and understanding, I can't help but praise."


Thanks for the beautiful illustration, Zach. 



No comments:

Post a Comment